Thursday, January 7, 2010

Quick and Easy Chalkboard Tutorial




It's easy (and cheap) to get a chalkboard for your home. Find a frame, any frame will do. I like to shop at Aaron Brothers because they often have major sales and you can get one for really cheap. So, take your frame- remove the glass. I hated disposing of such a large piece of glass so it's in the garage... waiting for me to come up with a creative project for it.

There should be a piece of masonite or a thin hard piece of brown material. Take that and paint it with chalkboard paint. We used the Rust-oleum (shown above) and did 4 coats. The can says you can use less but I didn't want to take any changes. Then, re-assemble the frame and hang it on the wall. See, I told you it was easy!
Here's our finished chalkboard. We use it to post a weekly memory verse- it's been a huge help!

Linking with The Nester!



<span class=

1 comment:

Bohemian chic said...

I love it. I am getting so many ideas. Thank you

Related Posts with Thumbnails