Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Modern Tea

It's no secret that I love having tea. I'll have a glass in the morning and again in the afternoon. Enjoying an afternoon tea ceremony is one of my favorite things to do. If your curious, here's a brief history of Afternoon Tea.
With my love for Tea, I decided to collect tea pots but It's hard to find tea pots that also fit in with my modern decor. So, after a little research, I found some new favorites. In no particular order...


There are many glass teapots but I like this one. The spout and handle are unique as well as the chrome lid and center. This one is from Bodum and there are plenty of other great finds on their web site.
I think this is my favorite of all of them. It's perfect for one pot, I love the chrome and the flat top is unusual. I found this at Living Comforts.
Go figure, Amazon.com has modern teapots. Is there anything you can't find on Amazon? This one comes in several colors, another unique flat top, and it is just too cute.


You can't have modern teapots without an Asian inspired pot. The angles make this one unique along with the shape of the handle. eteapot.com has many other teapots but I picked the best.

I can't end without mentioning my favorite place to have afternoon tea. I have had tea everywhere from DC to California and I have one spot that is my favorite. It's a little place called Savannah Tea Room on Broughton Street in Savannah. The decor is Mackintosh inspired and the food is incredible. If you are ever in the area, that's the place to go.

Hope these tea pots have inspired you. If you have any other great tea finds, leave me a message so I can check them out!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails